Friday, January 9, 2009

Extreme Zip-Lining & ATV-ing in Boquete!! Kathy and Petter Post..

**Before Peter writes this post, Kathy needs to say one thing: "Yes, even though we were led today to our ATV adventure by wild, teenage, non-English-speaking, testosterone-infested boys...we somehow came out alive to tell the story! We were picked up at our hotel by three teenagers and taken through town to the location to begin our tour. On the way my driver (of course) almost hit a car and a dog going 40 miles/hr and still managed to whistle at all the "chicks"! Never-the less, WE HAD A BLAST!

**Alright, I suppose due to complaints from my brothers, sisters, friends and my own parents that it was time I contributed a small part to this blog. I see that mother here has already said her bit so, less typing for me. However, before I start I wanna let Chey and the rest of the Skillman family know that I shall be calling "ATV-ing" by its proper name of "quading". Furthermore, due to user technicalities, these pictures are slightly out of order, and the pictures of us Quading happened today, whereas the Zip-Lining stuff happened yesterday.

Here is a small look at the scenery that we drove through. This is Mom. (Just some heads up, between my mom's and dad's camera, about 40 pictures were used on scenery. No need to worry though, I didn't put all of them on. Not like scenery is a bad thing but...)

Here is a small peek at the two handsome men on the journey. Well one handsome man at any rate...

And this is... some more scenery!


This is home-sweet-home of some of the Indians of Boquete. I don't mean to be rude but I am rather happy I live in America...

This is an Indian woman and her dog, walking up a very, very long hill back to home-sweet-home.

*GASP*, more scenery.

Here is Mom posing after she almost made it up a particularly steep hill. In her defense, it was a tough one to go up, with a nice 100 foot drop on one side.

Aw, how cute... We were quadding through extensive coffee plantations.


Yeah, that is me inside that fatty helmet.


Me, I thought this one was a pretty cool photo.

Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures of the ending journey, but we did get one of this tasty French restaurant. Maybe Chris D could get some of the recipes for his French Bistro idea! Kathy had awesome eggplant crepes and trout almondine followed by a chocolate banana crepe for dessert.

After quading, mom and dad decided to walk 2 miles home and go through the local Fair and I had no choice but to follow. No biggy though, I found a fricken sweet beanie that i could walk around BYU with (Ha)... Oh, by the way did I mention that I got accepted to BYU-I?

Dad tried his luck at the local "Toss the Ring Around the Booze Bottle" game. 25 cents buys you 5 tosses. He said that he was trying to get a ring around the Ginger Ale bottle. Let's put it this way, after playing we had to walk home. Honest, Bishop Gillespie.


This was the road and bridge that was washed out by the recent flood. It led up to our hotel, so we had to take another road to get to our place when we first came here.


This poor hotel was COMPLETELY washed out by the flood. It had just opened brand new a month before the flood. It was just across from the bridge in the previous picture.


This was the beginning of our trip to go Zip-lining. This zip-line was one of the largest in South America. It had about 12 lines, some of which were 400 meters long ( that's 1300 feet for you metrically impaired)and drops of about 200 feet. The platforms were also slatted so that you could actually see how high up in the trees we were! The scenery was great, but the ride up in the truck was VERY bumpy!

This is a picture of the truck that we rode in. There were about 20 of us. The truck was kinda cool. It had been altered to go up steep, 50-60 degree, rough terrain hills, and pulled out on the side for people to step down when they got off.



Here was were our camp/lodge was to get geared -up. We were way-the-heck up on some very high mountain!




WOAH! Mom's sideways!



There's me and my dad with a group of some pretty chill Dutch guys on holiday.


This is the first wire we went on and we were unable to get any pictures after that. It was just too intense!

It was a fun trip and we passed the course, or something, because we all got awarded certificates with the names of Peter Williams, Kathy Williams, and Keetl Williams.

This is a Petter post!
The next post will be written by Keetl =].

2 comments:

cwguapo said...

First off, are you sure that's her dog or just dinner.

Hey mom, you're looking healthy in these pictures. Seriously, you look younger. I think this trip is good for you.

Anonymous said...

You look like you are having so much fun. I wish that we could have gone 4wheeling and rappeling with you. I am so jelouse. We are so glad that you are having so much fun. Malia loves the pictures.