Saturday, January 31, 2009

February 2, 2009 Posting from San Juan, Puerto Rico


Well, after a long day of travel, we are comfortably ensconced in our Best Western Hotel right here on the San Juan Airport grounds. After a night of minimal sleep ( meaning it was almost not worth the chore of making the bed this morning), we got up early at 2:30 to arrive at MFR airport for a 5 AM flight to PDX, which was very foggy; some minor flight delay. We weren't expecting that. MFR yes, PDX no. Despite that, today's flights were how flying should be. No delays, short connections, luggage arrived. Prayers paid off. Thanks to the Skillman's for picking up our car at the Airport.

It is so nice to be back in a warm, muggy climate. The coat came off right off the jetway!

We had some nice farewell phone calls in the past few days, for which we are very grateful. Our love and gratitude extend to you across the ocean.

We are 4 hours ahead of Medford here, only 7 PM Pacific time, but we are pooped after the craziness of the past 48 hours. We're going to bed! Tomorrow off to BVI. We fly a Cessna about 50 min to Tortola, then a cab to the boat! Yeah! We will spend the rest of the day inventorying the boat, meeting our flotilla captain, then off to the market for provisioning. Maybe the chandlery for pilot books, charts, etc.

I will email everyone ( and maybe post or link on the blog) our new email address on the boat, as well as our new blog site. On the boat we will have a satellite-based email and Weblog system called Skymate. This blog site here may not function well with our new communication system. We'll have to wait and see.

Lastly, I have uploaded a few MMC photos from the past 2 months. These are wonderful employees and endearing friends.

Charlie's Angels: Jennifer, Terri and Sarah.


Examining the new 4th flloor. My MA's are envious.


Scott's treasure chest. I could go for a piece of cake right now.







Make sure someone is continuing the beatings. I don't want anyone getting grumpy.

Keith


2 comments:

merry jam said...

Hello my American Family! I am glad you made it to San Juan safely and I hope that your trip will be amazing (actually I am very certain that it will be amazing, I know that traveling with you guys is just wonderful!:)
As for me, I booked my flight to Medford today, so if you're home by then, we can see each other this summer! I can't wait... I really miss you guys.
And I have a four-hour long Biology-exam tomorrow and it's about a bunch of viruses and bacterias and such so maybe Keith can try to send some medical-thoughts... (smile)
Wow, this was a long comment. So, I love you four and hope the boat-trip is just as wonderful as you imagined it to be (maybe even better...:)

Mrs-Debbie B said...

Hi Williams Family,
I'm Glade you had nice visit back home and I'm glade you made it to San Juan,Puerto Rico.safe and sound.and that you make it to your distenation safe and sound with out hasslesl. I juat wanted to wish you happy sailing, May the wind be at your back, plenty of fish to catch, May you have the most beautyful mornings to wake up to and the most beautyful sunsets to end your evenings. and may god keep you in his safe keeping.
debbiefromthewebbie@yahoo.com
Please if it's ok my hubby and I would like to be include in the sending of your new E-mail address on the boat.
thank you so much.
God Bless you
Mrs.Debbie B