Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sailing Scooters in Sewers?

What do scooters have to do with sewers? Well according to Peter they have a lot in common. Two minutes after we rented scooters to explore the island of Isla Colon, Peter turned a corner and skidded into a 5-foot deep open sewer! The locals helped us drag him and the fully submerged scooter out. Peter lost his shoe, I lost my camera (it was in his scooter), and Keith lost $150.00 in damages. We now call him "Stinky Pete". We learned a long time ago that "crap" (pun intended) happens to everyone, so just make the best of it. We gave Peter my bike, I rode with Keith, and we continued on our way to a beautiful beach!






Many of you that know me may be wondering what the heck "I" was doing driving a scooter!? After all, I hold the record in the family for the fastest crash (under one minute) in Cozumel...don't ask the Skillmans about it. They have a tendancy to hyperbolize about broken noses, Mexican law suits, and throttles instead of brakes! Well, I guess I just live dangerously (Ha!).


The truth is that poor Peter did not have a chance when it came to scooters. How could he? He was genetically flawed! I know that many people will recall their hospital visits to Keith after he crashed his motorcycle. What the heck were we thinking?



I guess we should count our blessings. Things could have been a lot worse. We could have been the poor passengers on this Panamanian flight! (By the way, this IS the airport we came in on, and the following two pictures.) Kathy.


1 comment:

Robert said...

Ha ha ha ha!! I'm sorry, Peter. That's really not funny. Ha ha ha ha!!