Sunday, December 7, 2008

Three Days in Panama and We are Still Alive!

I believe that a blog should consist of pictures and more pictures. That is why you will see most of my blogs filled with pictures and explanations. Pictures tell a story, so here is our story:




Yes Stacy, This is me (and Keith) with a cat. I am holding it just for you in front of our house. The previous storm took out the grass and left lots of sand with sand crabs and Geckos! Peter is standing in the ocean taking our picture. The water is from rain-catch and tastes bad, so I boil it and put in herbal tea.


You are probably wondering why Keith is in the ocean with a dinner menu. Well...lets just say that we were having a nice dinner on the dock when Keith accidentally knocked the menu into the water. The poor waitress couldn't retrieve it, so OF COURSE Keith just dove into that water and floated it back to her. The waitress was Keith's best friend after that and would say something in spanish everytime she passed our table and laughed at us crazy American(s ?).



This is what happens to people who think that they are too tough for bug spray. The "Chitras" or "no-see-ums" are like invisible mosquitos. Peter's and Keith's legs and torso are a lot worse than this picture captured. How many bites does Kathy have you may ask? Zero, Zip, Nada...she does not have testosterone and used bug spray.




Peter and Keith went spearfishing the second day here. The guide promised me that he would NOT bring them back if they didn't spear a fish for dinner. (Up to this point we had virtually no groceries in the house because the store was on the mainland and they would need to be hand-carried to and from a water taxi.) Yep, you guessed it, he brought them back anyway and we went out to dinner.


This is not a football. Peter and Keith are fighting over who can throw the largest coconut into the ocean the farthest and they both wanted the same coconut. Yes, once again this must be a testosterone thing. It just hit me...I am the only estrogen-packing sane person on this trip! How did this happen? Stacy, Cassan, Annie, Brit, Mal, Shelly, Sarah, Terri, where are you when I need you?



This is the teak wood used through-out the whole house. Maybe that is why there are no cockroaches in the house?? I expected them, but instead we just have tons of ants, geckos, and other little flying things (and one monster spider). Speaking of geckos (not the British-speaking ones), you will notice my "coka light" glass at the bottom of the picture. I learned after almost drinking in three of them that they LOVED diet coke! Who would have thought? The boys just heard me scream and then yell angrily. When they turned around to see what the commotion was they only saw their estrogen-based companion chasing three geckos up the wall with a metal object. The funny thing was (OK the second funny thing) was that they kept coming back down the wall toward my glass!! They finally quit after I chased them up two tor three more times and threatened to put each one of them in a jar!

Posted by Kathy (the lone woman in the Garden of Eden)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy I am so sorry that you are the only female there. Trust me Marc and i would love to be there with you to help keep things more sane, plus be able to help with the spanish. It looks like you are having tons of fun and the place that you are staying looks so neat. I would be so suprised if those Geko's come after your drink again. That is too funny.